Welcome to our new KiwiSchools website.
Westport South School is a co-ed state primary school teaching years 1-8 (or 5 to 13 year olds). We have a roll of slightly over 300.
As a Positve Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) school we are a school with HEART.
The accronym HEART stands for ...
Honesty - to all others
Encouragement - for all to do the best they possibly can
Attitude - positive for learning and behaviour towards all others
Respect - for all at our school
Together We Can - is our school motto
- The 4th term is nearing its end and we busy readying things for the end of year. Reports are being written and nearing completion. Rooms 7 & 8 are being upgraded with new wall linings and floor coverings.
- The ERO visit was a very uplifting experience for the teaching team. Confirmation that we are managing ongoing development at Westport South School was pretty encouraging. Also the management of the Board was confirmed as being very efficient and effective.
- Check out the tabs at the top of the page for the other pages of information that are available for you to use. The information tab will show all the information in the booklet that is handed out to people when they are new enrolments to the school. The booklet is frequently updated so if you haven't seen this years model take a quick look at all the information and refresh yourselves about the many details of the school systems that are in the booklet
- Also you can make absence notices using the tab to the right side of this page. That means that there is no need to send a note to school to explain an absence as the notification we receive via the website covers reasons anyway. So no need to look for a pen or search for paper just hop on the computer and send in the notification.
- Lost your newsletter? Don't worry, using the tab below the Report Absence tab the Latest Newsletter tab will take you to all the newsletters for the year. You can open them and view them or print them out if need be. So even if you want to look at something that was written months earlier you should be able to find it again.
- Many of the photos displayed on this site are courtesy of Sheree Cargill Photography . We wish to achnowledge her generosity in providing images for us and if you would like copies of her photos you can visit her website to order copies at the following link www.shereecargillphotography.co.nz