Welcome to Westport South School
Westport South School is a co-ed state primary school teaching years 1-8 (or 5 to 13 year olds). We have a roll of slightly over 300.
Our Current Board of Trustees:
Stephen Dorey (Chairperson), Emma Collins (Deputy Chair), Nathan Thompson, Lucas Hateley, Di Rossiter, Deb Forsyth (Staff Rep), Jo Duston (Principal)
As a Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) school we are a school with HEART.
The acronym HEART stands for …
Honesty – to all others
Encouragement – for all to do the best they possibly can
Attitude – positive for learning and behaviour towards all others
Respect – for all at our school
Together We Can – is our school motto
- Term 1 begins on Thursday 3 February till 14 April. Term 2 begins on 2 May till Friday 8 July. Term 3 begins on Monday 25 July till Friday 30 September. Term 4 begins on Monday 17 October till Friday 16 December.
- A reminder of normal school hours. School starts at 8:55am. Interval is 10:40 – 11:00am, Lunch is 12:30 – 1:15pm and School ends at 2:45pm with bus children being held until 3pm.
- Check out the tabs at the top of the page for the other pages of information that are available for you to use. The information tab will show all the information in the booklet that is handed out to people when they are new enrolments to the school. The booklet is frequently updated so if you haven’t seen this years model take a quick look at all the information and refresh yourselves about the many details of the school systems that are in the booklet
- Also you can make absence notices using the tab to the right side of this page. That means that there is no need to send a note to school to explain an absence as the notification we receive via the website covers reasons anyway. So no need to look for a pen or search for paper just hop on the computer and send in the notification.
- Lost your newsletter? Don’t worry, using the tab below the Report Absence tab the Latest Newsletter tab will take you to all the newsletters for the year. You can open them and view them or print them out if need be. So even if you want to look at something that was written months earlier you should be able to find it again.
- Many of the photos displayed on this site are courtesy of Sheree Cargill Photography . We wish to achnowledge her generosity in providing images for us and if you would like copies of her photos you can visit her website to order copies at the following link www.shereecargillphotography.co.nz